Dr. Carl H. Oppenheimer
- His other experiences included:
- Problems on sewage disposal in Los Angeles and San Diego, California
- Three years research sponsored by the American Petroleum Institute on the origin and decomposition of petroleum
- Two years research on the origin of oil with Pan American Petroleum Corporation
- Corrosion of iron by marine microorganisms microbial ecology and geochemistry of shallow marine environments in the United States and Europe
- Carbonate geo-microbiology of the Florida Keys
- Development of food for shrimp cleanup
- Establishment of biological guidelines for estuarine environmental use and management
- North Sea oil ecology; ecology of the Mediterranean
- Microbial management of municipal and industrial wastes in the U.S., Denmark and Italy.
- Bioremediation techniques for waste treatment of organic and inorganic materials.
- Microbial Enhanced Oil Recovery (MEOR) to restore production in marginal oil wells by this Tertiary treatment.
- Soil and water pollution cleanup for hydrocarbons and chlorinated hydrocarbons.
To learn more about Dr. Carl H. Oppenheimer here is a copy of his C.V.
His special research interests included:Marine microbial ecology, geo-microbiology, marine bacteriology, petroleum microbiology and pollution, oceanography, general ecology, coastal zone management, microbiological pollution control, microbial enhanced oil recovery, and bioremediation using naturally occurring hydrocarbon eating microbes.